1. Name: O.S.M. Mohamed Shariff
2. Occupation: Textile and songkok merchant, Philanthropist
3. Date and place of birth: 1908, Ramnad, South India, India
4. Date of death: 1973
- Started a small business selling man’s and woman’s attire
- Donated to the Penang Muslim community to build mosques and help orphans
- Was charitable during Ramadan
Loh Wei Ling, Badriyah Haji Salleh, Mahani Musa, Wong Yee Tuan & Marcus Langdon (Eds). (2013). Biographical Dictionary of Mercantile Personalities of Penang. Kuala Lumpur: THINK CITY and MBRAS.