1. Name: Sheikh Mohamed bin Omar Alyahfee
2. Occupation: Jeweller, Merchant, Philanthropist, Community leader
3. Date and place of birth: 1878, Yemen
4. Date and place of death: 1971, Malacca Street, Penang
- Sold small scale products from Arabia such as ‘minyak atar’ (perfume), honey and benzoin
- Sold jewellery pieced where the gemstones were outsourced from Al-Mashoor and crafted by Chinese craftsmen
- Often donated to orphanages and the Arab community in Penang among others the Masjid Arab
Loh Wei Ling, Badriyah Haji Salleh, Mahani Musa, Wong Yee Tuan & Marcus Langdon (Eds). (2013). Biographical Dictionary of Mercantile Personalities of Penang. Kuala Lumpur: THINK CITY and MBRAS.